❗ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR WORKSPACE ELSEWHERE? NO WORRIES! YOU CAN EASILY TRANSFER GOOGLE WORKSPACE TO ROCKET AND GET FREE SETUP & SUPPORT FROM OUR GOOGLE CERTIFIED WORKSPACE ENGINEERS, 1 CLICK WORKSPACE INTEGRATION, VERIFICATION, & UPGRADES AND YOUR OWN POWERFUL MISSION CONTROL DASHBOARD.
Here's how you can change your MX records to start using Google Workspace
If your domain name is with Rocket, you can easily add MX Records, and at the same verify your domain, with just one click by going to your domain, and then using the "Web Apps" connect button. If your domain is with GoDaddy or elsewhere, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Sign in to your domain host
- Open a new browser window and go to your domain host's website (e.g. GoDaddy®).
- Enter your username/customer number and password.
- Click Sign In.
- If you don’t know your account information, just retrieve your username or reset your password.
Step 2: Go to your DNS records
On the My Products page, next to the domain you want to verify, click DNS.
- In the Records table, next to an existing MX record, click the Edit icon to open the record.
- To the right of the record, click the Trash icon. Don’t worry, you’ll add new MX records later.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete.
- Repeat steps 1–3 until all existing MX records are removed.
Step 4: Add Google Workspace MX records
To direct your email to your Google Workspace account, you have to add new MX records to your domain. These are the records that you need to add:
|MX server address
The values are for the Google Workspace mail servers. Google includes 5 servers in case one fails or requires maintenance.
- At the bottom of the Records table, click Add
- From the Type list, select MX
- In the Host field, enter @
- In the Points to field, enter aspmx.l.google.com. Don’t include a period at the end of the record.
- In the Priority field, enter 1
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- Click Save.
Repeat steps 1–7, entering the remaining MX server address values from the table above and setting the Priority values. You’ll see your new MX records in the Records table.
❗For 1 click integration with Google Workspace, easier management, and free Rocket Cloud Planetary DNS giving your site bullet proof security, lightning fast DNS speeds and 100% uptime, transfer your domain to Rocket Domains.
Next Step: Domain Verification for Google Workspace
Scenario 1: Verifying your domain if it is with Rocket Domains
Rocket Domains users have super powers in that they can both deploy Google Workspace MX Records and verify their domain with just 1 click by going into their domain's settings, clicking Web Apps, and clicking the G Suite or Workspace button.
All you need to do then is copy the verification code from your Google Workspace Admin dashboard (ends in mx-verification.google.com) enter it in the space provided, and hit Connect, and viola, you're set! Check out how to transfer your domain to Rocket Domains and the associated benefits that you won't get elsewhere.
Scenario 2: If your domain is hosted with a different Registrar (not Rocket)
If you're domain is not with Rocket but with a legacy Registrar, you can verify your domain by following the steps below:
a) Find the unique MX verification record provided by the Google Workspace Setup Wizard from inside your Google Workspace Admin dashboard.
b) Copy the entire record (ends in mx-verification.google.com) and paste it in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
c) Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater. Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).