❗ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR WORKSPACE ELSEWHERE? NO WORRIES! YOU CAN EASILY TRANSFER GOOGLE WORKSPACE TO ROCKET AND GET FREE SETUP & SUPPORT FROM OUR GOOGLE CERTIFIED WORKSPACE PROFESSIONALS, 1 CLICK WORKSPACE UPGRADES & LICENSE/MAILBOX MANAGEMENT, AND YOUR OWN POWERFUL MISSION CONTROL DASHBOARD.
Here's how you can change your MX records to start using Google Workspace
Step 1: Sign in to your domain host
- Open a new browser window and go to your domain host's website (e.g. GoDaddy®).
- Enter your username/customer number and password.
- Click Sign In.
If you don’t know your account information, just retrieve your username or reset your password.
Step 2: Go to your DNS records
Step 3: Delete existing MX records
- In the Records table, next to an existing MX record, click the Edit icon to open the record.
- To the right of the record, click the Trash icon. Don’t worry, you’ll add new MX records later.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete.
- Repeat steps 1–3 until all existing MX records are removed.
Step 4: Add Google Workspace MX records
|MX server address||Priority|
- At the bottom of the Records table, click Add.
- From the Type list, select MX.
- In the Host field, enter @.
- In the Points to field, enter aspmx.l.google.com. Don’t include a period at the end of the record.
- In the Priority field, enter 1.
- In the TTL field, leave the default value.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 1–7, entering the remaining MX server address values from the table above and setting the Priority values. You’ll see your new MX records in the Records table.
For 1 click integration with Google Workspace, easier management, and free Rocket Cloud DNS giving your site bullet proof security, lightning fast DNS speeds and 100% uptime, transfer your domain to Rocket Domains.
VERIFY YOUR DOMAIN
(a) If your domain is with Rocket Domains
Rocket Domains users can both deploy Google Workspace MX Records and verify your domain with 1 click by going into their domain's settings, clicking Web Apps, and selecting G Suite.
All you need to do then is copy the verification code from Google, enter it in the space provided, and hit Connect, and viola, you're set! Check out how to transfer your domain to Rocket Domains and the associated benefits that you won't get elsewhere.
(b) If your domain is hosted with a different Registrar, please follow the steps below:
a) Find the unique MX verification record provided by the G Suite Setup Wizard.
b) Copy the entire record (ends in mx-verification.google.com) and paste it in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
c) Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater.
Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).
- Login to your Workspace Admin Console the first tab or window, and click on the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Click through any confirming steps in the wizard.
- Click Verify or I have completed these steps to tell Google to look for your new MX records.
Congratulations! Your business email for your domain is now directed to Google Workspace mail servers.
Just so you know, if you have signed up for Google Workspace elsewhere, you can easily move it to Rocket Domains. This will give you access to world-class Google certified British Workspace support professionals, your own Mission Control dashboard, and more.
The records can take several hours to update, so you might not immediately get new email messages in Gmail. Until then, you'll continue to receive messages at your old email provider.
If you see the "MX records setup validation in progress" message in the Admin console for more than a few hours, make sure you entered the MX address records and priorities correctly in the DNS records stored with your host.
Useful tips for your business