As an administrator, you can give a user an additional email address for receiving mail.
The email aliases are free for Workspace users.
Add an email alias for a user
You can add up to 30 aliases for each user, at no extra cost.
Sign in to your Google Admin console with an administrator account.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- Click User information Alternate email addresses (email aliases).
- Click Alternate email and enter an alternate username (the part of the address that appears before the @ sign).
- (Optional) If multiple domains have been added in your Admin console, the field to the right of the @ sign is a menu listing available domains. Select a domain for the alias address.
Note: Domains added as a domain alias don't appear in this list. A domain alias applies for everyone in your account and can't be customized for a single user.
- Hit Save.
Within 24 hours (and often sooner), the user will begin to receive email sent to this address.
Send mail from an email alias
Creating an email alias lets the user receive email at that address. To send email with the alias address in the From field, they need to set up a custom From address in Gmail. They must also do this to receive messages they send to their own email alias.
Share these steps with your users: Send mail from a different address or alias
Used only for email
Users can use aliases only to send and receive mail. They must however continue using their primary address to sign in to their account, sync with a mobile device, or share Google Docs and Sites.
Add a domain alias to give everyone in your account an email alias at another domain you own.